Call for Papers
15th Annual Private Equity Research Symposium
Conference Date: November 2-3, 2023
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Submission Deadline: July 1, 2023
We invite submission of theoretical and empirical papers in the broad field of private equity, including, but not limited to research on buyouts, distressed securities, mezzanine financing, special situations, private credit, venture capital, real estate, and real assets. The conference is hosted by the Private Equity Research Consortium and the Institute for Private Capital (IPC) at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill’s Kenan-Flagler Business School.
Papers at all stages of completion (including work-in-progress) are invited and should be submitted any time before the deadline of July 1, 2023. Please include your full name, title, name and address of affiliated institution/university/company, and a confirmed conference presenter. Submissions should be sent via email to KIProposal@kenan-flagler.unc.edu with “PERC Submission” in the subject line.
Presenters with full-time academic appointments will receive complimentary conference registration, accommodations in Chapel Hill, and will be reimbursed for reasonable economy-class advance purchase airfare. The conference review committee consists of faculty members of the PERC advisory board:
- Prof. Gregory W. Brown, Kenan-Flagler Business School, UNC at Chapel Hill
- Prof. Robert Harris, Darden Graduate School of Business, University of Virginia
- Prof. Yael Hochberg, Jones Graduate School of Business, Rice University
- Prof. Tim Jenkinson, Saïd Business School, Oxford University
- Prof. Steven N. Kaplan, Booth School of Business, University of Chicago
- Prof. David Robinson, Fuqua School of Business, Duke University